10/20/2009

Fin de semana numero 3

Last Thursday (15 oct) Cont’d…

So ! Turns out that three of the six people who’d signed up for the guitar lessons had not showed up last week, which is why we (Bob and I) though there were only three, which is why we hoped we could join. But! the three mystery people DID show up this week, and it’s max 4 peeps per class. Which means that Bob and I (signups number 5 and 6) are out. Sucks to be us, but Raul, the coordinator of the lessons, will attempt to convince the Ayuntamiento to subsidize a second group.

Guitar in hand, hesitating between deception and hope, Bob and I left the center with no plan for the evening. “Hey, let’s play guitar!” I said. And we ended up at Bob’s place, him teaching me the basics of picking and some logic about chords and strings, and about the guitar itself so that I eventually stop viewing the damn thing as 6 pianos that start on a different key… (boxes Julie, that’s the trick! You have to see the frets as series of boxes!)

Feeling enlightened and a bit sore at the fingertips, I went home to my Spanish books.

No comments:

Post a Comment